Monday 9 June 2008

Rupster says "Updates"

The last entry was way too short and this entry HAS to be a really long entry. In this entry you will be reading and seeing pictures about my :

a) 2nd Penang Trip
b) The many Rounds to Mid Valley
c ) Birthday Parties
d) May Summary

And here it goes....

a) 2nd Penang Trip
This trip was a really sudden trip by dad and the geng. Which means it was the 2nd trip for to Penang in less than 1 month. Hence, it was more food time. We were there for 3 long days. Walking around the town. Trying the many types of food *yea more food*. Visiting places that we never went before in Penang. We stayed at the Bank Negara Penthouse and I HAVE to say that the Penthouse was really huge. The Penthouse was located in the Bank Negara building itself which means we were staying above MONEY!!!! The house was so huge that we actualli needed to our phones to find out where the other person was. Walking in the house was way too tiring!!!

The 2 halls

The balcony

The dining area


The walk way to the rooms


The panorama from the balcony was just too magnificent and no words can describe it than you seeing it for yourself. We could see almost the whole of Penang. At one corner was all building,hills and trees. On the other side was just the SEA and ships. At night the ships were so beautifully decorated. We even had the chance to look closer into the ship with our binoculars.




It was not only we got a great magnificent view from the Penthouse alone, but also at Bukit Bendera. We have been to Penang for a few times now but we never got the chance to go up Bukit Bendera.So this time we made it a must to go up Bukit Bendera and see what was there.









The tram ride was great. Though it was slow, but it was not felt because of the panoramic view all the way up. So the whole long half an hour was spent looking at the greens that you can see in Penang. Even the weather was getting from warm to cold. Not too cold though but the wind brought and entirely new feeling to it.



Just before we left Penang, we took so many group pictures at the balcony a the background was the sea.






The kids love doing havocs
Thats the end for the 2nd trip of Penang. There was more to it but it has to cut short to give way for the next subject.

On the way back in the ferry
The innocent kids of the geng

b) The many Rounds to Mid Valley

Its actually been a long time since I last went to Mid Valley. I think i have paid it back by going there every alternate days last week. It was the Indian Global Exhibition 2008. I had to take different people at different time. That is the cause I was there very often. Though i went there so often, i never really bought much. I only manage to find a Punjabi suit. Other than that all I bought were accessories. Was looking forward to get another saree but did not manage to find something that attracted me much. If it did also, it was almost the same colours that I already have. So it was a big NO-NO.

c ) Birthday Parties

End of May until December starts the BIRTHDAY season. Starting the season on was Prem. We headed for Bangsar in the evening to let the birthday girl get her birthday suit. Than we carried on the usual Kandiah family tradition of celebrating a birthday with the whole family. We headed to our usual spot at Segambut for dinner and the cake cutting ceremony.

The Kandiah's minus me

Than last weekend was 21st Birthday bashes. It started of on Saturday by us doing a surprise birthday part for Sunitha at Sha's place. It was only the six of us but the night was a bomb!!! We had so much fun and only went to bed at about 5 o'clock in the morning.

While waiting for the Birthday girl to arrive.



Elina and me with Sue' s cake

Sunday was another party that we organized for Thulasi. We headed to TGIF at the Curve. She had a Flaming as 21st started of. Than the waiters came over with the cake. Made a give a speech, sing a song and blow her candles from quite a distance. Than the waiters of TGIF sang a song that was really loud and so much fun. For the 1st time i reached home at 1 am after a night out with my friends. It was late because we could only cut Thul's as the clock stroked 12.

Waiting for the Flaming to be prepared

The singing session

The speech session

I'm FINALLY 21!!!

A group shot outside my house at 1 A.M !!!

and finally...

d) May Summary

May this year had brought me many fond memories. I finished my final semester of Diploma hoping that i would not have to repeat any more subjects. Went twice to Penang with different groups of people. Going with only your friends makes you to realize how one day you'll have to stand on your own in another place without the guidance of the family. How you plan he budgets, learn to ask more when you don't know how to get to places, and also more discoveries of yourself. Family outings allows you to get the bonding time. As usual there was the normal family gathering and as well as sessions out with friends.

May has also made me wonder and think ahead about future undertakings. Though I was not able to decide anything because I don't have my results yet. Which means, I had to have a wide range of possibilities. This was also the month that i found out and confirmed that i was FINALLY a DIPLOMA GRADUATE. Yea...results were actually released at the end of the month. I always looked at my Diploma like a any other foundation course until my results were out when family and friends started congratulating me.

I was so curious why were people so excited when it was only a DIPLOMA. Untill someone told me "it is not that easy to get a Diploma". "You should be lucky that you finally have a cert in your hand today". That was the moment that mad me realise how important it was. It did not come with any easy work. It did come with a lot of hard work though I feel I did not really give in my full abilities. Went through so much of crap,shit,fights,tears,sleepless nights,and nightmares. I guess it was all healed with the word of JOY than came behind of each and everycrap,shit,fights,tears,sleepless nights,and nightmares. The support that was given by family and friends.

That would be a great inspiration for me to get to the next step which is the Degree level. May has also created new friends for me. Enlarging the contact list as well as seeing a different perspective of people.

Thats all for this update...wait for more...

No comments: